Sunday 24 July 2011

Two birds ...

My last post was about a problem with returning data from one activity to another. The post before suggested that I needed to understand the sequence of events in using an activity. Understanding the sequence of events has helped by solve the problem.

onActvityResult() does indeed get the data returned from the second activity. The fact that a second activity hid the first, meant that the first activity was forced to go though its standard sequence of events to display itself, and in there I loaded the data from the database overwriting what had been returned from the second activity.

The sequence of events is well documented - I just didn't appreciate the significance. Still, I have learned some more and experimented with using an object to hold the data for an activity. More of that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to add a comment.

I have decided, regrettably, to review comments before they are published to ensure that offensive or inappropriate comments do not get shown.

Genuine comments are always welcome and will be published as quickly as possible.